October 10, 2012

Before the Reveal

Before showing you the dresses I finished at retreat 2012, I thought I'd finally show you the dress that I mostly made at retreat 2011.  Most of the completed garments from 2011 have been made and worn and gifted already.  But this red version of Vogue 1250 sat on the cutting table from October through August - when I finally asked a friend to mark the hem for me.  Yes - it waited a year for a hem.

I was finally inspired to get it hemmed to wear to a friend's wedding over Labor Day weekend.

I would have to say it's a bit more close fitting than I'm comfortable wearing, but I felt okay until I saw the photos.  I'm working on getting JB to take more photos - he shoots digital for goodness sake - it's not like we're burning film to take more than 3 pictures.  But whatevs.

 I'm glad this dress is hemmed and living in the closet now.  I'm guessing it will get a little vacation trip and taken out to dinner and show for the upcoming birthday vacation. 




11 comments :

  1. I love it!! You look fabulous in it. Take off your self-critical glasses and put on your "love my friends" glasses and look at yourself with the same kindness and love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fantastic!!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I LIKE ! It looks great on you :-)

    Now that some of my mojo seems to be coming back, I'm looking through my patterns and 1250 is near the top of the pile - you know a lovely friend sent that one to me ;-) and the only stipulation was that I actually MAKE it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! The color is perfect for you. I like the neckline of the dress - very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! :o) I've definitely waited ages on hemming a dress... or stitching down a facing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks great! Red is a wonderful color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good! Can't wait to see the others. It seems like you're on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  8. VOgue 1250 is beautiful on you!!!!!!
    HOw lovely to have it ready to roll in your closet

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dress looks wonderful on you - brilliant colour and the hem length is so flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the dress!!! That shade of red is fantastic.

    One day, when I lose the baby weight, I'll make myself a dress. I'm hoping that will be the case by summer or early fall 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this looks fantastic! Red is definitely your colour. The draped neckline is also very flattering.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs