November 15, 2011

Knitting

Sometime last year, I friend of mine mentioned that she needed a little something to throw over her shoulders and wear to a fancy schmancy party. 

At that point I had just invested in knit stitch dictionaries and had some very pretty black sock yarn.  So, with ideas, yarn and needles in had - I set to work.  I will tell you the first several times I tried it - it did not work.  

Then finally it clicked.  I've now written a pattern and have it out for test knitting.  I've knit it twice and hope to have a pattern available around the end of the year.

This feels pretty cool.     

11 comments :

  1. From what you have shown, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love it!! I think I like the black version best... Time to stash-dive...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I'm not sure which one I like best, they're both gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I can't wait to see the pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh! pretty! i am partial to the black one, just because it always seem to go with everything!
    I am so impressed by you, you are amazingly creative!!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! They are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are lovely. I wish I had the patience to write a pattern. Maybe some day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So that's the pattern you were writing! Those are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis sounds so exciting, can;t wait to see the pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs