March 11, 2011

Favorite Outfit So Far

 March 8, 2011
it's a toss up.

Tuesday I wore the houndstooth straight skirt that I labored over last February.  I think this skirt took me a month of weekends to get done. 

I wore it with a grey turtleneck, grey tights and grey boots. 

Man - I really do shove my stomach forward when I stand, don't I?

Anyway, I felt quite comfortable in this outfit all day.  I might make this skirt again with the new Simplicity straight skirt.







March 9, 2011
 Wednesday I wore the new denim straight skirt. The pattern is Simplicity 2475.  I add a ruffle to the center back panel.  The denim has a fair amount of stretch.  I sewed the princess seams with 6/8" seams instead of 5/8 - taking an inch out of the skirt to give the denim room to stretch and fit, not stretch and get too big.

The blue tee shirt looks way too big in the photo, it's Textile Studio's raglan sleeve top. 

The topper is a cabled caplette made with malabrigo rios.  This was a fairly quick knit - maybe taking about 8 hours all added together and 3 and half hanks of the malabrigo rios.  I think I'll make hat from the leftovers.

 

8 comments :

  1. Aren't you cute?! Love the looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do look great in the herringbone skirt with the matching gray! You definitely should make more of these skirts, they fit you well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I esp love that first look (and not just because of the furbaby sneaking in the shot)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both great skirts. And I'm glad to see your kitchen counters look almost as cluttered as mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were hot on Tuesday! Love the photo helper standing there with you...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you wearing handmade every day? I like that gray outfit a lot. I've always liked gray. Looks like Abs is checking you out, probably because you're in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *love* the skirts ~ particularly the houndstooth fabric although I'm sure the denim will probably get more wear. How fortunate you are to be able to sew so well! Cute topper too :))) Have a great weekend. C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that houndstooth skirt! I attempted my first skirt the other night. I'm embarrassed to say that it won't fit over my hips. Poo. I bought some more fabric today, so we'll see if my second attempt comes out better. : )

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs