January 12, 2011

socks, socks, socks, and more

socks.  2010 found me knitting quite a few pairs of socks.  I'm a bit of freak, unless I'm gifting socks, I save them all in a basket until the end of the year.  I gifted very few pairs of socks in 2010 - the total was 10 - wow!  More than I thought actually.  I knit 26 pairs during the year and of those 26 pairs - 23 came from stashed sock yarn.  Not too bad - another year or three like that I'll have to buy sock yarn. 

So - does your knitting (or sewing, or stitching) tell stories?  I can look at the basket of socks and tell you what I was working on when I last saw JB's father and how enthralled he was watching me knit.  I can tell you the ones I had with me the weekend we buried Pop.  And the pair I started when we learned Dudley had cancer - there are vacation socks - in the sense of yarn bought on vacation or socks knit on vacation.  3 different pairs of socks went to Mexico, and then there were road trip socks.  Every single brown bag from the 2010 sock club was started in 2010 - the last pair was finished on the 9th of January. 

Seriously - I need to start knitting something else.

9 comments :

  1. Ok, sure, if you say so....but I'm impressed! My sock total for 2010 was ridiculously low, and several pair were worsted weight, or bulky. I love the basket full of FO goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year is going to be better for knitting, cross stitch, sewing and cooking than last year. I've got so many ideas. Now to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "basket of socks" and the stories they tell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stories they tell... sweet. I had on my Fred socks on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a little waste basket below my serger, and the strips in it remind me of everything I made, where I wore it, what I thought of the fabric, stuff like that. Your basket of socks is really pretty, and they're good amusement for when you move around! Besides, I remember some great items like the pawprint scarf you made for Channon, so I know you make more than just socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nah. You can never have enough hand knit socks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hope to knit my first pair soon, I have a few pair other knitters have made me and they are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It blows me away that you knit so many socks!!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs