January 24, 2011
Muslinging - Part 2
So what I found out from the flat pattern measurements was that I actually needed to cut an 16 in the front and an 18 in the back. I also used the curvy back pieces. That worked pretty good except I still need a tiny bit more room through the hips.
So - for musling #2, I retraced - it was easier. I went back to the original, traced the front princess seams as the 16 and the side seams a 16 from the waist to a 20 - 11 inches down from the top.
For the back, after taking in huge seams on the princess seams - 3/8" on both seams from the top to 6" down. And adjusting the back yoke. I made the same alteration to the back side seams - going from the 18 to the 20. I also took 5/8" out at the top of the back pieces grading out to nothing by the seams - to account for sway back. I need to transfer that to the pattern tissue. I also need to transfer the new side seams to the tissue.
But hopefully soon, I'll have a skirt I can wear out of the house.