December 31, 2009

Unwilling Models

On the last vacation break day I knit a new hat. Not for me - for the girl who works at JB's regular latte stand. I had knit a hat for her new baby and momma loved it so much, she requested a hat of her own. A week or so before Christmas I had a chance to visit a favorite yarn store a short drive away. I spotted a lovely hank of Araucania Aysen. This is a fabulously soft yarn made from silk, alpaca and merino. I loved the softly variegated colors and how girly it was. I chose to make Thorpe. It's a very easy hat pattern. I was going to go get a solid color to do the garter band and ear flaps, but I just made it all one color. I did do the half double edging. but I didn't add the braids. What I did do is add a chain of 60 stitches from the center of the ear flaps and then single crocheted back up. Makes a fun, curly "string" for tying the hat on. Unfortunately - bloodhounds don't have the right shape head for wearing hats. You can see that Lucy was less than thrilled with it.

11 comments :

  1. Oh, Lucy looks so sad in that picture. I don't think she wants a career as a hat model.

    The hat is very cute and a nice gift.

    Thanks for calming me down last night. When I contacted her that wasn't the news I expected or wanted to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy is lovely, even if she doesn't like wearing hats! The hat is nice too, and I hope latte gal likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Lucy! She looks like she took that hat off in a hurry. Thor won't wear hats either. He says to tell Lucy to stand her ground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i bet if Lucy realized how lovely she looked, and that she makes a gorgeous little model, she would want to model. She needs a mirror.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like Lucy disposed of the hat pretty quick. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♫HAPPY NEW YEAR♫ PAWty ON

    Here's to another year of friendship and smiles and holding up each other through the trials. Over the past year you have brought us many giggles, some laughter and always a feeling that the world is a better place because you are in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That poor baby - if she only knew how cute she looks !

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha!! Awesome. Happy New Year girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful yarn - pretty colours and a lovely sheen. I expect it was so nice to handle.

    Happy New Year from New Zealand

    Michelle (and my snoozling Zebbycat)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crazy dog - I love how much Lucy hates wearing that hat! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs