June 27, 2009

some sewing

I meant to get this done before the VeeDogKnits family arrived to hang on the deck, drink beer, and stay long enough to BBQ burgers and have rhubarb. But I couldn't bring myself to head downstairs. However, now that I've got the back-up machine out of the cupboard and programed the remote to work the dvd player attached to the studio tv, it's all good. I know several of you probably caught the reference to the back-up machine and remember that I just bought a new Designer 1. Well, the embroidery unit wasn't calibrated right and the arm wasn't moving properly - so it's spending this week in the shop and will be back in the studio come Monday.
Anyway - I've been working on making some triangle bags. They aren't hard, but getting the dimensions right wasn't as easy at it sounds. Of course I didn't write anything down so who knows if I can recreate the bag this size. It's 9" from one end to the other along the bottom and about 7" at the back seam. Right now I have to balls of Shepherd Classic Wool stuffed inside to show you how large the bag is.
It felt good to get to sewing. I'm about ready to tackle clothing again, soon.

7 comments :

  1. It does feel good to get back to a craft after a long rest. I am really enjoying cross stitching right now after a three year lay off. I plan to get back to sewing soon, too. I have so many ideas floating around in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bag! It really IS big. Oh; and I recognize that fabric, too. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you sewing. The new machine's problems are such a bummer! Have fun with the visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aahhh....yes...sewing. Went ot a quilt show and came home with tons of fat quarters. Now to sew them into something:).

    Relax and enjoy your company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so crafty! I love my big wedge bag (red gerbers)- same shape?

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute little bags mama! Just wait until you get your D1 back... you'll be whipping up all kinds of projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those little triangle bags! I need to learn how to put in a zipper. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs