October 15, 2008

Amazing Autumn Coffee Swap

Questionnaire About Your Yarn Passion 1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? When did you first learn? Knit, my grandmother taught me when I was 8 and I "learned again" when I was in England in the 80s. 2. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you've been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on? Currently I'm loving the Hiya Hiya circulars, but I'll use just about anything. 3. What kind of projects do you enjoy making? Any types you just haven't ever gotten into as much as others? Socks, I really enjoy the process of knitting so there isn't too much I don't/won't knit. I recently participated in a secret knit-along which was fun and guilt-ridden at the same time. 4. What's on your needles\hook right now? What's your oldest UFO (unfinished object)? 3 pairs of socks (yes, I knit them in pairs, both at the same time magic looping), a top down cardigan, and my longest UFO is a twin set that the neckline on the shell needs to be reworked (it was started in May 2007) 5. If you were going on vacation tomorrow, what project(s) would travel with you? socks 6. What are your favorite types of yarns? Any you're allergic too, or just hate working with? Anything in particular you've been dying to try? soft and squishy. Not allergic to anything. 7. What sort of colors do you love in yarns? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there any you can't stand? hmm, gonna have to go with anything works here. I haven't found a yarn a don't love - well I'm not all about the crow yarns - you know tons of glitz and novelty yarns don't do it for me, but the rest all good. Your Coffee Passion 1. Do you prefer caffeinated or not? caffeinated - or what's the point? 2. Whole bean or ground? For what type of pot or press? whole beans, drip pot 3. What types of roasts do you enjoy? Are you more the light and lively or dark and robust type? I prefer a lighter roast. 4. How do you 'take' your coffee? Creamers? Sweetener? Other add ins? depends on the coffee a light roast goes it alone, if it's a little bit richer, then I add flavored creamer - pumpkin being my favorite of all time. 5. That first morning cup - is it about the taste, or the caffeine? taste 6. Do you enjoy going out to coffee shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites? I love the whole coffee shop experience, but not the price these days. My favorite is taking a weekend walk with JB, Beau & Lucy to our local latte stand. Visiting with the barista and getting a hot coffee for the mile home. 7. You've just made the perfect cup of coffee - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it? hmmm, am I home alone? If so, then in my big comfy chair in the sitting room. It would be quiet and I would either be reading or knitting. If JB is home and up, then in the living room with the tv on. I like a thinner mug. 8. You're enjoying that perfect cup, and have a magic cabinet in your kitchen - when you open it, magically, your favorite treats will appear to enjoy alongside the coffee - what are they? Are they sweet? Crunchy? Soft and flaky? pumpkin scones, snickerdoodles - freshly made. All about YOU! 1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking? I make clothing - sewing 2. Do you collect anything? stove shaped cookie jars 3. What is your favorite part of Autumn? brisk walks with the dogs and JB 4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body? Nope, I'm a pure vanilla girl. 5. Are you allergic to anything? No - well nothing that a thoughtful swap partner would send - I'm allergic to dish soap. Seriously. 6. Are you on Ravelry? What's your ID? Yes, GMarie 7. How would you spend an ideal fall afternoon/day? Taking the dogs for a walk to get a coffee and then crafting - either sewing or knitting.

2 comments :

  1. Oh, hahahahahaa, i am dying that you called them 'crow yarns', never heard that before!! ahahaha, crows love sparkly things. haahaha...crows are my favorite bird, they are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stove shaped cookie jars? REALLY? Is that a real thing, or did you just put that so no one would buy you anything that you do not want? I am now on a mission to find you a stove shaped cookie jar!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs