June 30, 2008

Rhubarb Crunch

::Mix 1 Cup flour::1 cup packed brown sugar::3/4 cup of oatmeal::1 teaspoon of cinnamon::and 1/2 cup melted butter:: ::Press half of the oat mixture into a baking dish::I use a 6x9 pan:: ::top oats with cut rhubarb::
::and then some sliced strawberries::
::Combine 1 cup sugar::1 cup water::2 tablespoons cornstarch::cook over medium heat until it becomes thick and clear::add 1 teaspoon vanilla::pour over fruit in baking dish::
::top with remaining oat mixture::bake at 350* for 60 minutes::
::serve with really good vanilla bean ice cream or whipped cream::neither of which I have tonight::Enjoy::

3 comments :

  1. I have had this before at Miss G's house, (minus the strawberries) and it ROCKS!!
    She can cook...and sew...and knit...she is wonderwoman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my left and right screwed up, and though, "why is she knitting a maternity sweater?", then took another swig of coffee, and looked to the LEFT, and saw the REAL cardi you are making, and ME WANTS IT!! I love that cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me some rhubarb... Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs