May 6, 2008

Busy Day

Nicole asked yesterday what the yarn was that I was using for the Bainbridge scarf. Well it's alchemy. The yarn is 100% superfine merino; 128 yards/50 grams, and they suggest a gauge of 6 stitches per 1" on US 5s. I bought 2 hanks of this yarn when I drug the family to purl. The yarn is shown in a more natural state here, before I wound it into ugly balls. Anyway - the knitting on Bainbridge is finished. I just need to weave in the ends and knit the ties. Dentist appointment tomorrow so I'm not worried yet. Needles were Crystal Palace Bamboo double points (because I didn't have a small enough circular) US size 5. This yarn was an absolute pleasure to knit with. I have about half of the yarn left so another similar cowl/scarf will be made. As for the busy day - well I'm driving to a meeting with my boss today. It's about a 2 hour drive each way. But it should be a very productive day. Oh, and for everyone who asked - my house isn't old. Not in the sense of old houses in other parts of the county. Construction was started on the house in the mid-late 80's (1980s) and the house was first occupied in 1989! I believe we are done replacing what needs to be replaced. The power issue - PUDs (the local power company). It appears there is some problem with the buried underground line - thankfully, their rule is power in the house - my problem, to the house - theirs! they hooked up something strange to give us full power last night and will have a crew here today to finish it right. I just hope they don't have to tear up my yard.

4 comments :

  1. Love the yarn... and love the "candle holders" - you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the power thing sucks, but at least the expensive bits are their problem...whew! We have a similar problem with our phone lines here. They are buried, and corrode every year or so (heavy clay soil that won't drain). We gave up trying to use the land line during 'monsoon season', but it's never terrific. And your scarf is fab, btw. Have you made it out to Bainbridge Is. for one of those chile truffles at Bon Bon? (omg. I will never get over that thing. yum.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to go back and take a closer look at the candle holders after I read the comment above. Very cool idea!!!

    Sending good dental and power company thoughts your way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another pretty yarn... Happy tooth stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs