October 23, 2007

I Swear

the more time I have off the less I get done. Friday I barely moved from the couch all day. We were having huge weather - rain, hail, thunder and lightening. And I have a big dog who is scared of thunder - baby!
I did manage to make these pumpkin muffins and two loafs of pumpkin bread. I love pumpkin baked goods! After pulling my bread out of the oven - I finally headed down to the sewing room and finished the last summer skirt - which won't get worn until next year as it's now too cold. But here it is: Saturday I headed to the home of one of our local ASG Members and helped with the sewing up party for the Banquet favors. There was a lovely lunch which included a fabulous chocolate bunt cake. I stopped and bought groceries and then finally got home with just a little bit of time to spare before JB's poker people showed up. Thankfully, JB was doing the housework by the time I got home! I finished The Princess' Christmas gift but I can't show you that! Sunday we spent a lazy morning. In the afternoon we went out to the Digital Camera show and JB got a new Canon Rebel XTi for his birthday - coming up on Thursday. I'm kinda excited, maybe my blog pictures will be better soon! After spending lots of money on the camera we came home, watch some freaky Jodi Foster movie while I knit on the purple gift sock. You can't really see the pattern or anything, but you get the idea that I've got a long sock! I have the heel flap finished and the heel turned and am now working on decreasing the gusset. Thankfully the recipient of this sock has a small foot! Monday, dawned bright and clear. I had 4 dogs jumping on me to wake me up - Happy Birthday! 2 Adults and 4 dogs in a queen size bed means that my kidneys were stepped on, I was layed on, I had dog hair in my mouth and all over the place. I ended up with a few battle wounds - but it's not an everyday occurrence, so it was okay. We then took the dogs to the dog park. They had a blast - we walked around the park for an hour while the dogs ran and got rid of their energy. More home and knitting time, more errands - including a stop at the local yarn store and some new Lana Grossa sock yarn. You can't see it in the picture, but the yarn on the left is color 8007 - blues, oranges, browns and the one on the right is 8005 which is purples, greys and creams. Both are for gift socks for this holiday season. Yea right!

Finally - JB took me to dinner at Applebee's for my birthday. While we were there - I was busily picking up my gusset stitches, when I snapped one of my very pretty little Blondwood, size 0 Sox Stix. I wanted to cry!

Oh, and if you've sent me an email since say Saturday - I haven't got it. I am completely unable to log into my Comcast account. So, I'm not ignoring you - the computer sucks!

9 comments :

  1. Well, as usual, I'm late, but no less sincere; Happy Birthday!

    And I thought two adults, a big boy basset and a jack russell were a bedfull...

    The muffins look incredible. I adore all things pumpkin, and hope to get baking soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the days of being woken up by 4 hounds in the bed! I can't wait until we get our dog here...maybe I'll teach it to jump on the beds! Muah haha! :) Maybe for x-mas I'll have to pick you up a new set of sock needles... :( sorry that yours snapped! And if those are the purple socks for laura...she does read my blog...which has links to yours, but I don't know if she reads yours or not...

    Loves!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The less you get done??" What? Are you nuts? ;-) I'm tired from just reading about your weekend. Happy (belated) Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm I think you got plenty done. You should come to my house to see what getting nothing done is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Gaylen! Wasn't that storm somehthing? Now we're having a heatwave today. Go figure.

    THey're opening an Applebees soon near my home. We'll have to meet there when it opens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Gaylen! Wasn't that storm somehthing? Now we're having a heatwave today. Go figure.

    THey're opening an Applebees soon near my home. We'll have to meet there when it opens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be sure to check mondays DWOA, we all wished you a happy b-day, and you never showed! Sorry your needle broke, i would cry, too.
    Cute skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an every weekend occurance at my house, except we're down by 1 dog usually.. .however we do have Sophie the houseguest, so we're back to 4 right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Gaylen, even if this is a late greeting. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend in spite of breaking your needle. Your skirt looks really cute and will feel good to wear next summer.
    We used to have 3 large dogs (think over 100 pounds each) who loved to sleep in the bed with DH & me. Now they are in "doggie heaven" and our current one (a 50 pounder) sleeps right next to me. Yes, there's nothing like "puppy love". Once again, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs