January 9, 2007

Jumbled Thoughts

After reading Shannon's post yesterday regarding sewing letting her be thinner, taller, whatever . . . I started thinking about why I sew. I don't really have an answer. I started sewing as a small child - when I was 8. When I was younger I mostly made things for others - for my brother, sister and my girls. I really enjoyed the process of making stuff for them. Going to the fabric store, finding the perfect pattern, the fabric that matched the vision and then creating that garment. I don't do that as much with my own clothes. I think that's totally fear based. I would much rather spend lots of money on garbage fabric from the local chain stores then ponying up for a good fabric. Good fabric scares the beezeesus out of me! Wool? Silk? Linen? So, that is one of my goals for this year - to purchase at least one fabric that I have never worked with before and make something. Instead of drooling on my monitor to actually purchase a piece of fabric that calls to me and then using it. It's just money and currently there are piles of it stacked in the storage cupboards in the sewing room - some was spent on "good" fabric. I have a piece of chocolate silk that I bought that will become a fabulous skirt. Due to the color the time is now - it's winter already! Perfect for a chocolate brown staight skirt with some detail. Okay - one plan. Second - I think I finally have my head back around my weight management plan. It's not as perfect as it was this summer, but it's getting there. I'm human after all and ocassionally I want a drink or a piece of cake. I don't have to eat the whole thing, but I can have the 3 bites that satisfy the craving. I got into the exercise room last night and man did it feel good. I did 3+ miles on the treadmill in 50 minutes, varying the speed and incline while I was at it. Then I went over to the M2 and set the weight stack and 40 and did 2 sets of 20 crunches. This morning I got up, got my workout ball out and plugged in a 45 minute workout video. I just jumped right in and used 8# weights. I'm sure I'll be really sore late this afternoon, but for now I'm doing good. Last plan is to get back to walking the dogs.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs