September 28, 2006

Vacation Thoughts

This morning I booked our flights to North Carolina for vacation. Tonight I am hyperventilating about all the stuff I would like to have done before we go!!! First up - I would like to finish the paper pieced teacup placemats for my sister that have been hanging around in my sewing room for more than 5 years! She probably has outgrown the teacup phase - but I still want them finished and out of my house. Next - a bag for a friend. This should have been completed and mailed sometime in early February at the latest. Now I can personally deliver it - hope she doesn't read this blog - if she does, she never comments! After that - a couple new skirts. I'm a skirt girl. I love wearing skirts. I think they are perfect for walking around exploring new towns, looking fashionable without being overdressed. I have cut a longish faux sueded from the combined Simplicity/KwikSew pattern. I muslined the pattern alternations prior to cutting the real fabric. I would like to line this skirt, but it still shouldn't take too long. Next I bought 2 really cute cotton prints for the next KS skirt that I'm in love with. I basted the muslin together tonight and something's not quite right across the stomach - the Princess will be here tomorrow so I'll get her opinion and then cut into real fabric. Finally, a twin set or two. I lurve, lurve, lurve wearing sleeveless turtleneck and cardigans. The top is perfect in this entry level fall weather and the cardigan is a necessity in overly air-conditioned offices. Perfect, again - a well dressed look, without being overdressed. The reality is that I have 4 weekends until I need to pack a suitcase and board a plane. Shall we make bets on how much I can actually get done? Happy sewing everyone.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs