September 14, 2006

I have this bag . . .

that I pack back and forth to work. It contains a binder with patterns in sheet protectors, yarn, needles, my knitting 'kit' and stuff on needles. Currently, I'm not sure why I pack it back and forth - except maybe to keep the muscles in my arms strong! Nothing has left the bag in days! So - what's in there? I am currently making this top from MagKnits. I am using Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk in color lime. I took this to Disney with me and got quite a bit of knitting done on the plane and by the pool. Then I decided to put it on waste yarn and try it on. This was a smart move, because I was up past the waist shaping and it was too large. I frogged back to the waist, worked a few more inches without any shaping at all, and then started slowly increasing for the bust. Hopefully this will work. Won't know until I actually start knitting on it again. Need to actually get busy because I think the green will date itself. I really like the shaping and style of this sweater. Also in the bag is a sweater being knit out of Cascade Yarns Pima Tencel. This yarn is so soft and nice to work with. The pattern is called Regine and can be found on Saunshine's blog. She has some really cute patterns. Because my hips are larger than my bust, I generally start the bottom with the size I need to cover the little buggers, then continue any waist shapping until I reach the stitches called for that will fit my smallish bust. I did exactly that for this pattern, I have the front done, and am partway through the back. Unfortunately, this Pima Tencel pills like the dickens while I'm knitting it! and I have to redraft the sleeves. I do not want long sleeves and fabric rubbing on fabric making it look like carp with the first wearing. I also want to try and keep the really cute pattern on the sleeve somehow - any ideas, anyone? A picture can be found directly here. The final item being schlepped around in this bag (knitting bag would have to be used loosely at this point) is Cascade Sierra Quatro in color 90 for Lattice & Lace from Knitter's Magazine Summer 2006. I have swatched and am ready to start, as soon as I finish something else. So, now that I've told you all, I guess I should get busy knitting :) I do have a valid excuse for not finishing any knitted goods for myself lately - my friend Rosann is renting a table at The Everett Mutt Strutt and asked Dianne and I to knit dog sweaters to be sold to help fund off-leash dog parks. I think I made 15 or so, I have 7 to deliver to Dianne today :) Happy crafting everyone.

1 comment :

  1. LOVE IT...so glad that i am not the only one who lugs around a bag filled with all sorts of knitting projects all over town, and from state to state!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs