June 12, 2006

Daily Blogging?

Is daily blogging overrated? Are there certain blogs that you 'stalk' just to see what your favorite knitter, seamstress, etc is up to? Are you just the tiniest bit sad when their blog hasn't been updated since last week sometime? There are several blogs that I haunt daily. It's part of my morning coffee break ritual at work. I love to see photos, although truthfully, I just love to hear what they have been up to. To learn something new, to be inspired, to laugh. I wonder if my blog is doing any teaching (doubt that as I'm still learning plenty), but I might be inspiring someone or making them laugh. Thanks to all the bloggers out there that take the time to blog, create, teach, inspire and find humor. This past Saturday was my regularly scheduled ASG meeting. We worked on the layette items. I must say, that even though I didn't bring a machine to the meeting, sewing fold-over elastic wasn't as easy as it sounds. Apparently, the trick is to stretch the elastic enough that it folds and gently cups the fabric by itself. I brought home some blue and pink t-shirts to finish so I'll get to find out for myself. I started the finishing on the pink wool sweater. Got the shoulder seam sewn and the neckband finished Sunday morning. Yesterday I sewed both sleeves in and sewed one side from bottom to underarm. It's almost finished - but way to warm outside to wear right now. I also tested the picot edging for the blue cotton top. It's cute and will be relatively quick to make. I have been sidetracked by not having the right size and length of circular needle. Will try to make a pit stop at Village Yarn & Tea tonight on my way home. Before cooking dinner, I went into the sewing room and made the blue swing skirt that has been cut out for weeks. I placed a tone-on-tone decorative stitch around the seam joining the ruffle to the skirt and cut the bottom edge with the wavy rotary cutter. Turned out really cute and now I just need to find a top to wear with it. After dinner and dog walking I headed back into the sewing room. This time I worked on the paisley print knit that has also been cut out for several weeks. When I finally headed to bed at midnight! The skirt only needs a waist casing and the top needs side seams and hems. This is totally finishable in just an evening. Maybe tonight while I'm watching the season premier of The Closer. Have a great sewing week everyone.

5 comments :

  1. i DO feel let down when you do not update daily!!
    When i first wake up in the AM, i check our DWOA site, then cruise thru a few blogs...yours, Seattle's Bus Chick (she blogs for the P-I), Yarn Harlot, Panopticon (LOVE him!), Sock Bug, and my friend Rachel...oh and Pop Candy.
    JessB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, there are a couple of blogs that I check that haven't been updated in a long time. Makes me wonder...are they oK? But I still see posts from these folks on some of the boards, so I guess blogging just hasn't been a priority.

    Rustybobbin mentioned in one of her recent posts that blogging is almost a hobby in and of itself; I have to agree.

    Can you imagine the reaction if we'd've had English teachers in high school who had required us poor students to write a short essay every day on some aspect of life? And now I do it voluntarily...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaylen ~ I blog when I have something to say or something to show but even then sometimes after so much life during the day, I am just not up to spending more time in front of a computer when I get home. Especially since that is what I do all day! But what really caught my eye in your post was that you watch The Closer! You are the only other person that I have heard say that they watch it. I loooovee that show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaylen ~ I blog when I have something to say or something to show but even then sometimes after so much life during the day, I am just not up to spending more time in front of a computer when I get home. Especially since that is what I do all day! But what really caught my eye in your post was that you watch The Closer! You are the only other person that I have heard say that they watch it. I loooovee that show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn - I love that show! I can never figure out who it was before she does. She's just great!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs